5 to 8 Year Old Cruisers
The activities below are typical, but can vary with each voyage. Each cruise line has described youth
activities for different age groups.
Kids Will Have A Blast! There's never been a better time to take a family vacation at sea. Some of the
activities available for::
Puppet show, cookie decorating, beach party, Disney trivia, t-shirt painting, Sega/Nintendo video games,
outdoor games, sea animals.
Sample Activities for Ages 5-8*
Only Disney can take little cruisers on a daily voyage to a world devoted to
fun and fantasy. Disney's Oceaneer Club offers age-specific activities
guaranteed to transport young minds to the edge of their imagination. Guided
along the way by Disney counselors, of course. As an added convenience,
parents are given pagers so families are always in touch.
"So You Want to be a Pirate?"
There's a pirate on board! Never fear, he's only on hand to
tell children adventurous stories tracing the history of buccaneers through
time. CAPTAIN HOOK may even stop by to visit his old friend.
Young scientists will discover things you can do with one household egg. Things that
you would never have thought possible.
"Professor Goo's Magical Experiments"
*sample activities are subject to change without notice.
Young scientists join Professor Goo
to explore a squishy green. Substance that looks like "Flubber"! Don't miss the
First Mates Ages 6-8
In addition to regularly scheduled hours for days spent at sea, including
(7:00p.m.-10:00p.m.), NCL's "Kids Crew" program is now available on port days for
Group sitting from (9:00a.m.. - 5:00p.m.) and every evening (10:00p.m.-1:00a.m.),
for a nominal fee. This provides children with even more occasions to enjoy the creative
activities that have been specifically designed for them. Activities are organized
according to age group.
The "Kid's Crew" program includes a plethora of supervised games, T-shirts
for design painting and a Mom and Dad's Night Out. Children receive their own
Cruise News detailing daily events. A complimentary chef's hat, also included in
the program, is essential for creative cooking classes where children can make
decorative pizzas or cookies. NCL's autograph/scrapbooks make perfect mementos
of the kids' experiences and friendships. Junior cruisers can even celebrate
their birthdays on the high seas with NCL's special "Kid's Crew" birthday
An exceptionally qualified staff of trained counselors run NCL's "Kid's Crew"
program in a safe and secure environment. The staff attends special training
courses on team and confidence building, communication skills, safety and
working with children who have special needs. The fleet wide program is available
year-round and is free of charge.
Onboard NCL, First Mates participate in wacky cooking
classes, decorative T-shirt painting, sing-alongs and poolside root beer float
parties. The "Kid's Crew" program also coordinates on-shore activities including
a treasure hunt and sandcastle building competition on NCL's private
Explorers (age 6-8)
The Explorers' program features a bit more advanced game-time fun than the Aquanauts program. All Explorer
activities are complete with adult supervision by our Youth Staff and include:
Adventure Science - Conducted by our specially-trained Adventure Scientists, this program combines fun and
hands-on science experiments. Featured programs include: Space Mud, Hair-Raising Experience, Wacky Water
Workshop, Staggering Through The Stars and Gummy Candies.
Adventure Theater by Camp Broadway - Blending educational activities with on-your-feet fun, Adventure
Theater participants get a first taste of the actor's craft, in which entire worlds are created with just
their bodies, voices and imaginations. Using structured theater games, vocal and physical exercises and
creativity-freeing activities, instructors guide groups through an exploration of the theater arts.
Other Explorer Games and Theme Activities - Wacky Olympics, Name That Tune, Dancing Through the Decades,
Pirate Night, Ice Cream Party, Country Western Night, Bingo and Movie Mania.
Out Island Activities on CocoCay and Labadee - Explorers can enjoy Adventure Beach activities on itineraries
that call to CocoCay and Labadee. Kids can join the Adventure Ocean Staff and participate in Sand Castle
Building, Drip Drip Drop, Adventure Family Water Balloon Toss, Beach Relays, Parachute Games.
Your little ones can also participate in a fun-filled track experience in kid-sized battery operated
Fisher-Price vehicles on CocoCay. These Cadillac Escalades and Barbie Jammin' Jeeps travel approximately
2-4 mph and will accommodate children up to 130 pounds.
Sample Activities for 3-7 year olds:
- Bead Jewelry: Make a pretty present for your family and friends.
- Tattoo & Body Painting: Add some color and sunshine to your skin!
- Draw the Sea Princess: Best picture gets a prize!
- Wacky Whales: Buttons, sequins, what will you decorate with?
- Crazy Golf: Try our own version of golf.
- Flying French-Fries: Sound intriguing? Meet in the Fun Zone to find out!
- Hide the Huskie: All eyes closed for this game of hide and seek.
- Ice Cream Bash: Take a break, it's ice cream time!
- Glitter Art: Make a sparkling jewel or a fancy picture. This will be fun!
- B-I-N-G-O!!!: It's time to earn more prizes! Listen very carefully!
- Movie Madness: Lights out! It's movie time, folks! Sssshhhhh�..
- Totem Poles: Learn a bit about totem history and make one, too.
- Ring Toss: A game of accuracy and concentration. Prizes are at stake!
- Draw the Captain: The Captain will even sign yours as a keepsake!
- Bowling Blow Out: Who will knock all the pins down?
- Pompom Bears: We add these furry creatures to our Alaska mural.
- Lego and Block Building: Make a skyscraper or a city with your friends.
- Name that Disney Tune!: How well do you know your Disney movies? For prizes�
- Fish Painting: Calling all artists! Will you make a rainbow fish?
- Save Our Seas: Learn about ways we can protect our seas and wildlife.
- Friendship Wreath: Join hands with your fellow cruisers.
- Stamp-It Art: Make your own creation with this cool art idea.
- Pasta Pictures: We won't eat this pasta, we'll make a picture with it.
- Candyland Tournament: Who can be the first one to the castle?
- Alaska Doodle Art: You choose the picture, we'll provide the color.
- Pick Up Sticks: Have you ever played this one? Get ready for a classic.
- Bridge Tour: Join us to see where the Captain drives the ship!
- Crazy 8's Tourney: Win this tournament and win yourself a medal!
- Hula-Hoop Contest: Move your hips to keep the hoop moving!
- Treasure Quest: A kiddie version of the famous scavenger hunt.
- 3-D Tissue Art: Make another masterpiece to post on the wall!
- Morning Mini-Olympics!: We'll play games for medals! Space Journey, Long Jump, Golf Putting, Target
Shooting, Rainbow Shootouts and more!
- Water Break!!: Time to chill out after all that fun!
- Picture Frames: Design your own picture frame with buttons or shells!
- Beauty Workshop!: For the glitzy and glamorous, get your nails painted and more!
- Birthday Party Time!: Bring out the cake and ice cream. Time to celebrate!
- Pajama Party: Wear your most comfortable jammies and gather 'round some popcorn and cookies as we get
together for fun games and prizes! Watch out for the Great Twister
Competition, Nursery Rhyme Trivia, Pass the Parcel and more! Oh! Get Ready for
"Pin the tail on the Moose."
- Kid's Dinner: just for kids! Don't miss out!
- Crazy Kid's Disco: Get those dancing shoes on! Do the YMCA, Conga, Macarena, Chicken Dance and more!